February 12th, 2021
Saint Lucia Announces Cushion in Quarantine Fees for Returning Nationals
In keeping with the Ministry of Health and Wellness’ updated national COVID-19 response policy, effective February 11, 2021, the Government of Saint Lucia is absorbing a greater part of the cost of State Quarantine for returning nationals.
Subsequent to routine reviews of the Quarantine policy, noting infringements in the process, Home Quarantine has been reduced to special circumstances only and will now transition to state-based quarantine facilities, as much needed vigilance is required in the management of all incoming nationals. Please note that the Government of Saint Lucia continues to cover the cost of locals and residents on island who are placed in state-quarantine and isolation.
The daily fees cover the cost for a bed and bathroom, Air Conditioning, Wi-Fi, 3 meals per day, toiletries, and bottled water. The revised fees apply to Single occupancy at which was USD $95.00 and is now reduced to USD $25.00, Double occupancy was USD $160.00 and is now reduced to USD $45.00, and Triple occupancy was USD $240.00 and is now reduced to at USD $65.00. Double and triple occupancy applies to families within the same unit.
The Government, in acknowledging the nature of the COVID-19 Pandemic, will continue to honour applications for financial exemptions for students returning home within three months of completion of studies, and to persons who have traveled for medical care. The Government will also consider dire socio-economic and other related circumstances including, and the forced repatriation of nationals.
During the quarantine period, all returning nationals will be swabbed for COVID-19 testing on the seventh day. Those who have received a negative PCR result and meet the criteria to thereafter be quarantined at home as determined by the Health Authorities would be granted permission to do so with the wearing of an Amber Solution watch and a BioIntelliSense sticker at a one-time cost of US$175.00. The Amber Solution watch will be rented for the period and will be mapped to the individual(s) residential perimeters. The BioIntelliSense sticker is for one-time use and will also monitor vital signs.
Being mindful that the State regulated quarantine period is 14 days, those who do not meet the requirements to leave State Quarantine will need to ensure their payment for accommodation is made for the full 14 days. Anyone testing positive for COVID-19 will be immediately transferred into care at the cost of the state.
Permission for Home Quarantine will be granted after application through the portal, www.stlucia.org and applies strictly to minors, persons with health conditions, and those with specific conditions, after careful review of all applications, including site visits. These individuals will also be required to wear electronic monitoring devices at the abovementioned cost.
Returning nationals from all international jurisdictions must note the following:
- Check with the airlines for flight schedules.
- Secure your reservation and facilitate payment for accommodation at a Government Operated Public Health Facility by accessing the booking portal located on www.stlucia.org/covid-19. All fees must be paid directly to the Quarantine Facility.
- If you have applied for a quarantine payment exemption, please await confirmation of approval. A 7-day wait period is necessary to facilitate applications.
- Once State Quarantine arrangements have been confirmed, prefill the Travel Registration form located on www.stlucia.org/covid-19. You must do so no less than 7 days prior to travel. Print and travel with the Authorized Travel Registration.
- Obtain and upload a Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Negative COVID-19 Test within 5 days of Travel into Saint Lucia. Please ensure that the result indicates PCR. You must Travel with a copy of your Result. Upon arrival in Saint Lucia, the wearing of a mask is mandatory.
- All arriving persons will be screened at the Port of Entry and assessed for any signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- After advancing to immigration and customs, you will be guided to the designated Government Operated Transportation for transfer to the State-Operated Quarantine Facility.
- At the Public Health Facility, you will be screened daily by Healthcare Professionals. You are permitted to receive items from friends and family. However, you are not permitted to deliver items to anyone until your full 14-day quarantine period has come to an end.
The Government of Saint Lucia wishes to remind nationals and residents that only essential travel is encouraged at this time. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we continue to join efforts in ensuring a safe experience for all. More information about Saint Lucia’s COVID-19 response, entry protocols, and travel registration forms can be accessed at www.stlucia.org/covid-19