Requirements for the Application of a Saint Lucia Passport
Section 1: Renewal of a Passport
- 2 identical passport photos(2”x2”, white background; no smiling, hats, glare off eye-glasses or hair covering forehead)
- The expired or near-expired passport.
- Original Birth Certificate – reads Birth in the District of… at the top of the page, complete with given names.
- NIS/NIC Card or a Saint Lucia ID Card or Saint Lucia Drivers License for everyone age sixteen (16) or over. If NIC card is not available, application may be made for one at the Consulate.
- Completed notarized Passport Application form (Front page & sections 1, 2,5,6,7 & 10 must be completed by all applicants. In Section 1, the local address is a Saint Lucia address and the Foreign Address is a U.S. address).
- Original Marriage Certificate for married women.
- Original Divorce Decree for divorced women.
- Original Citizenship Decree for citizens by decent or naturalization.
- Original Deed Poll if your name has been changed at any time other than by marriage.
- Processing Time : 8-10 weeks
- Passport Application Forms are available at the Consulate for $1.00 each or online at: www.saintluciaconsulateny.org
Section 2: Replacing a Damaged Passport
All the requirements for the renewal of passports (Section 1); plus:
- Complete Section 8 on the Passport Application form.
- One (1) of the passport photos must be notarized (with stamp of Notary, if a seal is used do not place over the face in the image).
- A notarized Statement of Witness on which an explanation is provided about the way the Passport got damaged. Forms are available at the Consulate.
- An Interview of the applicant by a Consular Officer.
- Processing Time : 3-6 months
Section 3: Replacing a Lost or Stolen Passport
All of the requirements for the renewal and replacement of damaged passports (Sections 1 & 2); plus:
- A Police Report – a letter (which cost $20.00) is provided by the Consulate (after an interview is conducted) in order to obtain this report.
- A notarized Statement of Witness on which an explanation is provided about the way the passport got lost. Forms are available at the Consulate.
- A notarized Lost or Stolen Passport Affidavit. Forms are available at the Consulate Office.
- Knowledge of the lost passport number would help expedite the application process.
- Processing Time : 6-12 months
Section 4 : Emergency Travel Document
- A completed Emergency Travel Document Application form. Applicant’s full address (inclusive of the postal code) and the name and address of the next of kin must be filled. (Forms available at the Consulate).
- 2 passport photos (2”x2”, on a white background; no smiling, hats, glare off eye-glasses or hair covering forehead)
- Proof of Saint Lucian Nationality. (e.g. Saint Lucian photo Id or expired or damaged passport. A birth certificate is not sufficient; a photo id is needed)
- If the passport is lost needed are:
- A Police Report. A letter is provided by the Consulate (after an interview is conducted) in order to obtain this report. The sealed report must be sent by the Police, directly to the Consulate.
- A notarized Statement of Witness on which an explanation is provided about the way the Passport got lost. Forms are available at the Consulate.
- A complete flight Itinerary and proof of purchase of the flight. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their flight arrangements allow them to travel on an emergency travel document,
Section 5 : Document Processing Fees
- Passport Application Forms cost $1.
- Regular Passport Renewals cost $100.
- Expedited Passport Renewals cost $170.
- Lost, stolen and damaged passport replacement applications cost $145.
- Police Report Request cost $20.
- Emergency Travel Documents:
- Same day cost $45.
- Seven day processing cost $20.
- The courier service fee for passports delivery is $15.
Section 6: Payment Information
- The preferred mode of payment for all services is Postal Money Orders made payable to:
Consulate General of Saint Lucia
- Cash paid in person is also accepted
- Personal checks are not accepted
- Application forms for passport renewals (not lost & stolen passports) maybe endorsed by the Consulate Officers.
- A passport which is six (6) months or less for its expiry date is not acceptable for international travel and should be renewed.